Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trading & Origination Manager within the Renewable Gas Markets to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
- Proven track record of trading U.S. renewable fuels markets, including physical and financial products, within LCFS and RFS (RINs) programs. Transactional experience in opaque, OTC markets with challenging price discovery.
- Trade structuring and creative deal making for Renewable Natural Gas as well as derivative products (RTCs, RINs, and LCFS), utilizing bids and offers originated by in-house Sales Trading team
- Tracking and responsibility for trading positions, both financial and physical
- Work collaboratively with in-house analytics to evaluate price curves, analyze market trends, and establish strategic POV in support of speculative trades
- Work collaboratively with in-house regulatory affairs team to analyze / project policy changes and their associated market impacts
- Lead confirmation review, deal execution, and registry operations
- Support risk management associated with physical deliveries across the various markets
- Evaluate new market opportunities in Canada and LATAM. Work collaboratively with European RNG trade desk to explore import/export plays.
- Facilitate asset investment opportunities and JV interests. Lead pro forma work and due diligence in support of investment activities, as well as associated trading strategy.
- 5-7 years in renewable fuels markets with at least 3 years in a primary trading or business development role. Experience in both is a plus.
- Quantitative educational background is a plus. Post-graduate education a plus but not required.
- Deep understanding and P&L responsibility to renewable fuel markets in trading, assets, or broader dealmaking with particular emphasis on LCFS and RIN programs
- Strong team player with solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; strong negotiation skills and experience
- Charismatic and effective in client facing roles; this is an outward facing role with semi-regular (1-2 trips per month) travel to meet with counterparties
- Well organized and ability to synthesize complex market dynamics
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Able to meet multiple objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.