Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Engineer in Energy Efficiency to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Among the group’s ambitions is the scale up of our Energy Efficiency business unit dedicated to the origination and financing of Energy Efficiency Projects. This enhanced proposition will complete STX Commodities’ carbon reduction service offering enabling us to further create decarbonization solutions at our clients’ operations.” – Carlos Marín, Head of Energy Efficiency
ROLE OF THE SENIOR ENGINEER
For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in trading of energy efficiency certificates in France, Poland and Italy. The team is looking to expand its activities to enable the origination and access to finance for energy efficiency projects. With origination activities already in place in France and Poland, the team is looking to expand its activities to the Italian Energy Efficiency Market. As the Senior EE Engineer, you will play an important role by establishing the technical team that will work with STX’s clients in the identification and definition of the most suitable energy efficiency projects, which will allow them to reduce their scope 1 carbon emissions.
Role will be based in Italy.
- Work together with the Head of Origination in the implementation of the commercial strategy in Italy
- Establish the internal systems, processes and capacities to obtain a status of ESCo certified under the UNI CEI 11352 standard
- Build and manage a Technical team of EE engineers
- Support in prospecting energy intensive customers by identifying energy efficiency projects
- Lead the technical & financial feasibility analysis of EE projects, coordinate with external parties when necessary
- Lead the process for the obtention of the Titoli di Efficienza Energetica (TEE) of each project.
- Lead the prospection of EPC and ESCO partners which will implement the projects identified by the Technical team.
- Manage portfolio of projects under implementation & operation as well as the overall commercial relationships with technical partners
- Monitor economic, regulatory as well as private and public initiatives of the market
- Coordinate & review investment grade energy audits and feasibility studies developed by technical partners for projects that are selected for investment
- Develop technical project documentation for tendering projects to implementing parties
- Define operation & maintenance specifications
- Establish Performance guarantees in project contracts
- Establish measurement and verification programs for each investment
- Evaluate & select optimal project offers
- Monitor projects implementation as well as energy performance during operational phases
- Control that the project’s CAPEX, timeline and specifications are met.
- 8+ years of work experience in the field of energy efficiency with a Master’s degree in Energy related issues
- Certified EGE (Esperto in Gestione dell’Energia) under UNI CEI 11339:2009
- Good financial understanding for assessment of project financial return
- Experience gained in one or more of the following areas is strongly desirable:
- advising, consulting, and executing projects in energy efficiency and engineering, tendering, financial planning, etc.
- energy performance (shared savings) and/or energy as a service contracts
- Deep technical knowledge to generate value added solutions
- Experience in the implementation of the IPMVP for measuring and verifying energy savings of EE projects. CMVP certification is a plus.
- Excellent Italian and English language skills
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development