Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Corporate Account Manager – Japanese market to join our APAC team, build a customer portfolio, and be eager to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Thanks to its global presence, STX is a leading international trading house, and we want to maintain that position. Expanding and increasing our activities in the Asia-Pacific region is critical for achieving that ambition. This is what drove our recent decision to add to our hubs in Amsterdam and New York and open our office in Singapore. We feel we’re best positioned to serve our clients effectively when we’re close to them.” – Fabio Moro, Managing Partner, Head of Singapore Desk
ROLE OF A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
As a Business Development Manager, you play an important role in driving the business forward and will have an active role in the growth of the company.
In this emerging, yet highly competitive market, you’ll identify and analyze opportunities within the Japanese carbon and renewable energy space . By working alongside the senior management of the company and the Strategy & Development department, you will turn those opportunities into a concrete business plan. You will constantly engage with prospective clients and stakeholders to fully grasp their needs, understand the whole ecosystem and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels and companies from various industries and markets within Japan. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Structuring strategic transactions and trades
- Taking the lead in executing trading strategies with corporate clients
- Expanding our existing customer portfolio within the Japanese market
- Identify and follow up on new leads through business development
- Proposing new deal structures and transactions complying with the market’s requirements
- Conducting research into the Japanese environmental commodities market to keep customers up to date
- Acting as a trusted advisor to new and existing clients
- Building strong connections with key counterparties
- Being an expert in timing the market in order to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customers
- Conducting due diligence and investment research on relevant trading strategies
- At least 2 year of working experience within a sales, trading, business development, or account management role
- Previous experience in dealing with Japanese corporates/B2B
- Exposure to the environmental commodities market or renewable energy is advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Essential commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Collaborative work style
- Living or willing to relocate to Singapore
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Relocation package if applicable
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development