Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trader – Renewable Gas to join our business in Amsterdam or Gothenburg, the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF A TRADER
As a Trader at STX, you’ll focus on translating complex data and information into concrete trading opportunities. More specifically, you’ll be tasked with aggregating data and turning it into simple and practical solutions that benefit prospective clients. In the ever-evolving environmental commodities market, trading is a highly challenging job – one that requires outstanding analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- PnL responsibility for the book
- Pricing of risk and flow
- Optimizing the mandate with the possibility to create and grow your own team
- Manage relationships with brokers and other intermediaries in the market
- Developing trading strategies with analysts and other colleagues
- Managing trade, counterparty, and contract risk in line with a broader strategy
- Design and continuously improve tools and processes together with IT
- Manage volume risk in a portfolio of offtakes and supply
- 4-8 years of experience as a trader/portfolio manager in commodities
- Experience in illiquid OTC markets is a strong plus
- Finished Bachelor’s or Master’s in preferably an economical, econometrical, mathematical, or any quantitative study
- Highly skilled in using Excel and VBA. Python and SQL are a plus
- A strong commercial mindset
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Analytical skills combined with social skills
- A proactive problem-solver
- Team player
- Living or willing to relocate to Amsterdam, Netherlands, or Gothenburg, Sweden
- Fluent in English, additional languages are advantageous
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development