Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Voluntary Carbon Adviser professional to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
STX’s Global (Voluntary) Carbon Desk overlooks the company operations within the Voluntary Carbon Markets, carbon credit-based compliance schemes and bilateral agreements. The senior team helps clients set and execute carbon offsetting strategies with high environmental integrity, manage financial exposure, minimize supply risk and ensure sustainability by originating and structuring emission reduction and removal portfolios to the needs of corporations, funds and governments.
Our clients include corporates across different industries and investors. You will be leading North America business development for the group, and you will be responsible for shaping and developing the carbon market in coordination with trading and assistance of the carbon technical team. A great opportunity to work with global leading firms in a growing market.
- Support primary corporate coverage team in originating, structuring, pricing, and executing derivative and physical long term carbon transactions
- Provide a senior voluntary carbon advisory to corporate offset buyers focusing on the current VCM conditions, best market practice for offsetting strategies in line with internationally recognized guidelines such as SBTi’ Net Zero standard, Oxford Principles, VCMi Code of Claims, IC-VCM CCPs, etc.
- Structure high quality and high integrity offsets portfolios for clients in North America in collaboration with STX carbon origination and trading team
- Lead, develop and implement key business initiatives through cross-function partnerships
- Active client facing and key account management on voluntary carbon together with our dedicated corporate sales team
- Capacity to lead and manage complex OTC contract negotiations.
- Coordinate trade finance solutions to secure execution of trades.
- Understanding VCM market fundamentals and trends and communicating information to clients
- Interacting with Credit, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution
- Complete trades from initial dialogues, pricing, and strategy formulation to execution: design suitable strategies and solutions to meet corporate targets on net zero and carbon neutral products.
- Co-create presentation materials which will be used for existing and prospective client meetings
- Represent STX and provide thought leadership at strategic events and with key market stakeholders
- 2-6 years of experience in voluntary carbon markets: business development or sales at VCM project development firm, environmental products structuring at consultancy firm or trading desk, corporate procurement department or any other business-related position involved in the VCM.
- Academic or practical background in finance is a plus
- Experience in negotiating OTC agreements within VCM. Deep understanding of legal framework negotiations and Due Diligence process
- Strong understanding of VCM price fundamentals and key VCM related policy globally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate initiatives and issues well
- Adaptive learner with natural curiosity and interest to learn and further develop her/his expertise in VCM
- Good interpersonal and influencing skill
- Problem-solver, goal-oriented
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills to be able to deliver within various deadlines across different time zones
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment with the ability to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Mature, highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and is able to work independently
- Flexible and responsive to requests from fast-paced environment
- Comfortable engaging very senior stakeholders both within STX and outside with C-level clients
- Strong team player – Culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively among different countries and regions.
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint skills – Ability to work with various data sets is beneficial
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development