Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Product Compliance Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The trade operations team takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate, and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues, and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
ROLE OF A PRODUCT COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
STX is a rapidly growing trading company in the environmental commodities sphere. We trade environmental certificates, biofuels and biomethane. We operate a global business with offices across the globe, with a rapidly expanding business and opportunities.
As part of the expansion, we are looking for a specialist in the area of Waste- and Animal Byproducts for compliance. You will be the center point of knowledge in the organization for all related matters, as well as laying the foundations for the internal guidelines and procedures. Your main role will be to be the gatekeeper of all trades that STX executes in the biofuels space with Waste and Animal Byproducts.
You verify if all the counterparties have the correct approvals and licenses in the area of Waste- and Animal Byproducts
You will also verify the setup of all compliance documents, such as Annex 7 and Commercial documents both related to contracts/orders. For all waste and by-product matters, you will be the subject expert and escalation contact point for internal and external parties. This includes a variety of feedstocks, including animal by-products, but also other biofuels materials that are a lot less common.
You make sure STX is at the forefront of compliance and knows exactly what is allowed and what is not. You will interact with our trading- and operations department, with regard to contracts, documentation, permissions and approvals in the field of animal by-products and other waste materials. You will also be involved in the process of new trades and act as an internal consultant on these matters, making sure that all trades comply with legal waste- and by-product related requirements.
You will prepare and conduct the internal audits for all waste and animal by-product contracts making sure that all documentation and data is complete and accurate. Additionally, you will also be the main contact for any outside communication from the related authorities to Annex 7 and waste guidance.
With STX’s expansion, also come new products. Together with the Operational Manager, you will be responsible for obtaining the new REACH registrations for STX. This will include mastering the REACH legislation, designing and implementing proper procedures within the Operations department and monitoring the application of the designed procedures. You will become the subject matter expert within the organization for any REACH related questions, working closely with Trading and Operations.
- Building and implementing company-wide knowledge of Waste and By-Product handling
- Properly processing and verifying all contracts, product movements and supporting documentation according to waste and animal by-product legislation.
- Cooperating with Trading team on business opportunities based on legislation and regulation.
- Preparing and carrying out the internal audits.
- Communicating with external authorities related to any waste compliance regulations/audits
- Implement and monitor all REACH imports, ensuring compliance with all guidelines
- 2-3 years of specific experience working with legislation related to waste and animal by-products
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Law or a related field
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken. Dutch fluency is advantageous
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Innovative and out of the box thinker
- Able to hold their own when faced with opposition
- Acts as a business partner and thinks along with the business
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.