Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trade Support Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries and markets.
ABOUT THE TRADE OPERATIONS TEAM
“The trade operations takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
- Providing full support to the development and execution of the trading strategy
- Confirming all trades executed and assuring all deals are accurately booked
- Responsible for correct delivery of certificates on various registries
- Drive consistency, efficiency and automation for regional and global activities of the team
- Strong interaction with the front office teams in a new challenging and growing environment, be able to understand their strategy and ready to challenge them when/if required
- Work closely with Trade Support Operations, Finance, Risk or Compliance to improve the flow of information across departments and accuracy of analysis
- Acting as main point of contact for internal as well as external inquiries
- Being part of the global Trade Support Operations Team and able to operationally support another team member
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Financial engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Economic, Quantitative studies or other Quantitative discipline
- 0-3 years of working experience in a similar position within a trading environment
- Basic understanding of commodity trading/financial markets
- Advanced Excel
- Exposure to VBA, SQL and Python
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be creative and open-minded in order to find the best possible solution for issues
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Open to relocating to/living in the Netherlands
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to The Netherlands
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.