Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Trader to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Today, corporates are taking actions to reduce and compensate for their emissions, and are looking to invest in renewable energy to achieve their environmental targets and carbon commitments. The Global Voluntary Markets Desk sources, originates and trades in Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) and Voluntary Carbon Credits to meet this growing global demand across all continents. By facilitating these transactions on a global scale, we help clients around the world access the products they need to comply with obligations and contribute to a better future. Our desk contributes to STX being a truly global wholesale trader it aspires to be.” – Fabio Moro, Head of Global Voluntary Markets Desk
ROLE OF A TRADER
As a Trader at STX, you’ll focus on translating complex data and information into concrete trading opportunities. More specifically, you’ll be tasked with aggregating data and turning it into simple and practical solutions that benefit prospective clients. In the ever-evolving environmental commodities market, trading is a highly challenging job – one that requires outstanding analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Assisting the traders in optimizing the trade flow
- Supporting traders in structuring the trading books
- Working as a backup and support to the traders
- Managing Trade and Contract risk in line with broader strategy
- Pricing of Carbon products.
- Doing research and analyzing statistics
- Optimization of the delivery book
- Using your analytical skills to make creative commercial propositions to the traders
- 2+ years of experience in a trading company as a trader or assistant trader
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business (preferably in finance, economics, maths)
- Highly skilled in using Excel and VBA. Python and SQL are a big plus
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial drive and proactive attitude
- Strong interest in trading and financial and environmental commodities markets
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam or willing to relocate
- Fluent in English and preferably another European language
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.