Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trade Support Analyst to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“We launched the US Desk in March 2019. Over the past three years, we have grown to become a key player in the North and Latin American markets. The US is one of the largest environmental markets in the world. Being physically present in New York, and achieving great success here, enables us to become the leading global commodity trading house that STX aspires to be.”- Tim Pabst, Managing Director
ROLE OF A TRADER
As a Trader at STX, you’ll focus on translating complex data and information into concrete trading opportunities. More specifically, you’ll be tasked with aggregating data and turning it into simple and practical solutions that benefit prospective clients. In the ever-evolving environmental commodities market, trading is a highly challenging job – one that requires outstanding analytical skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Lead day-to-day management of trading portfolios, including verification and reconciliation of trade capture, settlements and inventory
- Develop infrastructure and data management tools to automate the capture, reporting, and analysis of trading portfolios, positions, and market activity and pricing data
- Monitor and analyze market trends and identify trading opportunities
- Manage internal reporting of internal and external data sources
- Support trading team with modeling and analysis of trade opportunities, deal proposals, and portfolio performance
- Perform technical and fundamental analysis of markets
- Candidate will gain a deep understanding of trade desk management, strategy and operations; have the opportunity to add value by improving processes, streamlining and improving data collection and analysis; and expanding the scope and capabilities of the trading team
- Detail oriented and comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize, structure, and visualize complex data
- Ability to work independently, anticipate needs, and solve problems
- Self-driven, motivated, and personal initiative to manage assigned tasks while growing trade desk capabilities
- On the job experience with Excel, SQL, and VBA. Python highly preferred.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development