Trade Operations Specialist – Biofuels
Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trade Operations Specialist – Biofuels to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The trade operations team takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate, and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues, and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
- Responsible for the logistical coordination and planning of biofuels, feedstocks and by-products which are transported in bulk
- Manage storage inventories and prioritizing tight deadlines while minimizing costs and ensuring optimization of operations
- Coordinate post-deal trading activities and contract settlement that impact P&L
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including front office, independent cargo inspectors, tank storage terminals, port-agents, shipbrokers and other external counterparties to ensure smooth operations of the trade
- Taking the lead in price negotiations
- Planning focused on trucks and containers
- Processing orders, instructing and invoicing service suppliers
- Managing contracts and stock
- 2-5 years of experience in logistics
- Experience with Incoterms
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, Fluent in Dutch is advantageous
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Relationship driven approach to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to adapt and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Solutions oriented approach
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Company and social events
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.