Growing the global green economy. Ready to make it your mission?
• Lead cross-functional internal analysis and research projects using economic and statistical data on the renewable energy market
• Ensure timely completion of deliverables while maintaining quality and accuracy
• Remain up to date on relevant legislation and economic trends to provide recommendations and act as internal expert on sustainability principles and market trend correlations
• Identify gaps between current market supply and demand of biofuels/RNG and assess the market impact of new policies and other socioeconomic changes
• Provide advice and recommendations on the renewables economy to Trading Desk to guide clients and suppliers on accurate positions and business development opportunities
• Offer insights to the analyst team on the market dynamics of RINS/RFS/LCFS and assist in developing forecasts for upcoming months based on economic market conditions
• Evaluate and process incoming volumes for accurate, regulatory-compliant delivery to customers
• Ensure precise trade splitting and reconcile positions across databases and registries.
• Forecast production and consumption of renewable products
• Perform monthly inventory reconciliation and internal Sustainability audits.
• Identify and implement opportunities to optimize company processes, detect potential issues, and act as a point of contact for internal and external sustainability inquiries
What does a rewarding career mean to you?
• 5+ years of experience in oil/gas and/or commodity trading, with a preference for biofuels/renewable gas/renewable power trading.
• Professional knowledge of ISCC/LCFS/GREET.
• Strong understanding of the renewable energy economy and sustainability principles, as well as their commercial application
• Extensive experience in feedstock lifecycle analysis, with a preference for feedstock imports.
• Ability to think critically with proven analytical and research skills
• Commercial mindset with excellent communication skills, along with experience in preparing and executing (sustainability) audits.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing business environment, demonstrating self-motivation and teamwork; proficient in Microsoft Office; fluent in English, with additional languages being beneficial; based in or willing to relocate to Houston or New York.
Your career. Ready to make it mean something?
Compensation and Benefits
STX intends on offering the selected candidate a competitive base salary withing the range of $120,000-$180,000 based on several objective factors such as relevant experience, location, holistic skillset, and applicable licenses and certifications. The candidate may also be eligible for discretionary compensation as determined annually within the company fiscal year.
In addition to a competitive salary, STX is committed to the well-being of our employees and offers extensive benefits including:
• 100% Company Covered Health, Dental, and Vision for employees and their families with minimal co-pays
• Retirement plan options with company match (401k)
• 20 days of annual, flexible paid time off
• Generous parental & caregiver leave
• Reimbursement for office commuting costs
• Monetary stipend for office equipment
STX Commodities is committed to fostering a fair and inclusive work environment by adhering to the principle of equal opportunity for all. As a global organization, we value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and strive to create a workplace free from any form of discrimination or bias based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to enhance our team and contribute to a more inclusive work environment. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are more than just concepts – they are part of our everyday work culture, ensuring employees are welcomed and experience true camaraderie.
At STX, we ask applicants to think holistically about roles. If the role sounds exciting and a great fit for you but some of the criteria or required experience doesn’t 100% line up, we still encourage you to apply!
Our recruitment process
We check if your profile meets the job requirements
Assessment + recruiter intake
Online assessment and recruiter intake call
Two rounds of interviews
We will assess your skills and alignment with the role and team, including a business case if applicable
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family