Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Sales Trader – Japanese Market to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Thanks to its global presence, STX is a leading international trading house, and we want to maintain that position. Expanding and increasing our activities in the Asia-Pacific region is critical for achieving that ambition. This is what drove our recent decision to add to our hubs in Amsterdam and New York and open our office in Singapore. We feel we’re best positioned to serve our clients effectively when we’re close to them.” – Menno Weller, Head of Asia – Pacific
ROLE OF A SALES TRADER
As a Senior Sales Trader, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs, and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets. By working strategically to offer clients sustainable solutions, you genuinely help them move forward towards a greener future.
- Developing sourcing and trading strategies for the Japanese renewable energy markets.
- Expanding our existing customer portfolio by identifying and following up on new leads.
- Proposing new deal structures complying with market’s requirements and negotiate structured agreements with customers and producers
- Analyzing data and conducting research on the Japanese environmental commodities market
- Acting as a trusted advisor and main point of contact to new and existing clients
- Building strong relationships with key counterparties
- Taking initiative to expand and manage a local team
- +5 years of working experience within a sales, trading, business development or account management role in Japan / Singapore
- Exposure to the APAC commodity market. Including exposure to utilities, energy, agriculture, coal or metals
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Fluent in English & Japanese essential
- Essential commercial and entrepreneurial attitude
- Analytical and strategic thinking to effectively conduct research and analysis
- Attentive and empathetic approach
- Collaborative work style
- Living or open to relocate to Singapore
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development