Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Originator to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“We launched the US Desk in March 2019. Over the past three years, we have grown to become a key player in the North and Latin American markets. The US is one of the largest environmental markets in the world. Being physically present in New York, and achieving great success here, enables us to become the leading global commodity trading house that STX aspires to be.”- Tim Pabst, Managing Director
ROLE OF AN ORIGINATOR
As a Senior Originator, you play an important role in driving the business forward. In this highly competitive market, you’ll constantly engage with prospective clients to fully grasp their needs and apply strategic thinking to tailor-make solutions that cater to these requirements. This role entails exposure to a broad spectrum of professionals at all levels, as well as to companies from various industries and markets.
• Maintain network of developers and upstream market participants in the renewable project space
• Work closely with Renewable Energy Credit sales and trading team to target key markets
• Strong understanding of capital stack for Unites States wind, solar, and battery storage projects
• Ability to synthesize complex risks and opportunities into succinct and actionable directions
• Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, attention to detail and accountability. Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment
• 5+ years of experience at a project developer or financial institution focused on renewable energy project capital markets
• Experience in renewables power purchase agreements (PPA) / hedge execution
• Strong credit, financial analysis, quantitative, and modeling skills
• Ability to think on your feet and defend your positions and decisions
• Degree in Finance, Business, Energy, Engineering, or related fields
GET IN TOUCH
STX intends on offering the selected candidate a competitive base salary within the range of $125,000-$250,000, based on a number of objective factors such as relevant experience, holistic skillset, and applicable licenses and certifications. The candidate may also be eligible for discretionary compensation as determined annually within the company fiscal year.
In addition to a competitive salary, STX is committed to the well-being of our employees and offers extensive benefits including:
- 100% Company Covered Health, Dental, and Vision for employees and their families with minimal co-pays
- Retirement plan options with company match (401k)
- 20 days of annual, flexible paid time off
- Generous parental & caregiver leave
- Reimbursement for office commuting costs
- Monetary stipend for office equipment
STX Commodities is committed to fostering a fair and inclusive work environment by adhering to the principle of equal opportunity for all. As a global organization, we value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and strive to create a workplace free from any form of discrimination or bias based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.