Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Engineer in Energy Efficiency to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Among the group’s ambitions is the scale up of our Energy Efficiency business unit dedicated to the origination and financing of Energy Efficiency Projects. This enhanced proposition will complete STX Commodities’ carbon reduction service offering enabling us to further create decarbonization solutions at our clients’ operations.” – Carlos Marín, Head of Energy Efficiency
ROLE OF THE SENIOR EE ENGINEER
For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in trading of energy efficiency certificates in France, Poland and Spain. The team is looking to expand its activities to enable the origination and access to finance for energy efficiency projects. As the Senior EE Engineer, you will play an important role in assessing or coordinating the assessment of the projects to be financed from a technical and financial perspective, together with the Head of Energy Efficiency – Origination & Finance.
The role will be based in Brussels, or Amsterdam.
- Support in prospecting energy intensive customers to propose financing of their energy efficiency projects
- Support in prospection of EPC and ESCO partners.
- Commercial management of relationships with technical partners
- Technical & financial analysis of EE projects, coordinate with external parties when necessary
- Monitor economic, regulatory as well as private and public initiatives of the market
- Coordinate & review investment grade energy audits and feasibility studies developed by technical partners for projects that are selected for investment
- Develop technical project documentation for tendering projects to implementing parties
- Tender documentation for EPC contracts
- Define operation & maintenance specifications
- Define and negotiate Performance guarantees in project contracts and negotiate energy performance contracts
- Establish measurement and verification programs for each investment
- Evaluate & select optimal offers
- 5+ years of work experience
- Good financial understanding for assessment of project financial return
- Experience gained in the following areas is valued:
- advising, consulting, and executing projects in energy efficiency and engineering, tendering, financial planning, etc.
- energy performance contracts (shared savings) and/or energy as a service
- Deep technical knowledge to generate value added solutions
- CMVP, CEM, or ISO 50001 Lead Auditor
- Excellent French and English language skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package and bonus scheme
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.