Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal; “we make environmental markets work”. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Senior Business Developer to join one of our core strategic priorities within the Renewable Gas Team and join the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ABOUT THE ROLE
At STX it is our ambition to become the leading global environmental commodity trader and we are well on our way. We perceive building out our presence across all environmental commodity value chains of paramount strategic importance in achieving this ambition. In this role, you will play a key role in our business development activity for BioLNG and shape STX’s value proposition in this space further. Initially, you would start by positioning STX in the BioLNG space and build relationships with key (commercial) stakeholders and clients in this segment. You would then have a leading role in driving concrete opportunity identification (e.g. trade structures, strategic partnerships, JVs), outlining business cases, structuring and leading negotiations and closing the transactions; all in close collaboration with our broader front-office and policy/analysis teams. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping our presence in the emerging market for BioLNG.
- Identify and win new business in the BioLNG market
- Understand all commercial, technical and logistical aspects of BioLNG projects
- Proactive commercial development of market potential, working with both new and existing customers
- Lead BioLNG business development opportunities (identify and deliver deals and/or partnership structures)
- Liaise between our different businesses to collect and leverage existing knowledge and bring this together with market & policy research to shape our BioLNG value proposition
- Build relationships with key external (political & commercial) and internal (different front-office desks involved & policy/research) stakeholders
- Take part in commercial negotiations with potential partners/counterparties and structure the trades/deals
- Build business cases for new trade structures/investments/partnerships
- Graduate of a top-level engineering or business school;
- Energy (trading) industry and/or sustainability background; ideally with exposure to (environmental) commodity trading, with at least 5 + years of work experience
- Experience as business developer or originator, ideally within utility, transport or renewable space, would be preferred
- Proven track-record of growing a business / new product line and negotiation of partnerships
- Strong strategic and commercial mindset to support shaping longer term vision and drive potential shorter term opportunities
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills are required
- This position can be based in Amsterdam or Gothenburg
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development