Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Sales Trader FQD to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our team is tasked with introducing a flow of completely new, until-now uncovered markets and commodities to the company. These novel products often require new roles to be created and we’re pushed to hire new ‘out of the box’ talent. As a result, STX is becoming even more diverse, both in terms of competencies and cultures. This diversity and influx of new skills and knowledge from other markets intersect with our company culture, way of working, and experience in different environmental commodities. The result is new levels of synergy, collaboration, and knowledge transfer. Thanks to this, the business experiences fast-paced growth, which enables us to cross-trade different commodities in completely new ways on a global scale.” – Maciej Antczak, Team Lead, Fuel Quality Directive Desk
ROLE OF A Sales Trader FQD
The Sales Trader will focus on creating new trading lines and growth of an existing portfolio for the Scandinavian market. Together with colleagues the goal is to structure and execute trades on behalf of clients. Analysis of regulation and preparation of business cases are examples of the responsibilities a Sales Trader will be facing. And last but not least, closing deals!
- Building your own customer portfolio
- Conducting the required research and analysis in a new market
- Diving into market developments
- Becoming the main information source for your customer portfolio
- Matching buyers with sellers and propose (new) deal structures
- 1-3 years of commercial experience (hard criteria) – preferably finance related
- Experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably within a commodities, energy, shipping or banking environment
- Swedish speaker, fluent in English. German is considered a big plus
- Affinity with finance and commodities
- You are able to work independently
- You have gathered international experience during your studies and/or career
- You combine analytical skills with a commercial drive and a proactive attitude
- Living in or open to relocating to Gothenburg
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.