Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Middle Office Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The trade operations team takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate, and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues, and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
- Acting as primary escalation contact for all issues of responsible area of business concerning internal stakeholders and external counterparties
- Supporting operational infrastructure for new and existing trade routes as well as working closely with Trade Support Operations, Finance, Risk or Compliance to improve the flow of information across departments and accuracy of analysis
- Providing full support to the development and execution of the trading strategy
- Helping reporting team by ensuring timely execution of all trades, contracts, and invoices
- Analyzing end-to-end flows in trade processing, solving errors and exceptions, and maintaining a robust and predictable process
- Being part of the global Middle Office Team and being able to operationally support other team members
- Manage a growing team in a growing industry and area of Business
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Quantitative studies, or another Quantitative discipline
- At least 1- 2 years of working experience in a similar position within a trading environment or similar industry
- Full proficiency in German and English
- Managerial Experience
- Basic understanding of commodity trading/financial markets
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables)
- Exposure to VBA & Power Query is a plus
- Internal and external stakeholder experience
- Creative and open-minded in order to find the best possible solution for issues
- Living in or willing to relocate to Amsterdam, Netherlands or Hamburg, Germany
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development