Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Trade Support Specialist to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TRADE OPERATIONS TEAM
“The trade operations takes care of all the transactions after the agreements are signed. We ensure that the trade flow is correct, accurate, and in line with the company’s guidelines, from A to Z. Essentially, we’re STX’s gatekeepers. The fact that new products, issues, and transactions arise regularly makes our job both exciting and challenging. We’re tasked with guaranteeing that the transaction process goes as smoothly as possible and that potential risks are mitigated. Speaking of “smooth”, it applies to the way our team operates too. It’s not often I’ve come across a team that works as quickly, efficiently, and accurately as trade operations does.” – Melania Bojescu, Head of Trade Operations
- Ensuring smooth and accurate execution of environmental commodities contract
- Providing operational support for internal and external inquiries by acting as a first point of contact
- Responsible for transfers, redemption of certificates across multiple registries and countries with the management of expiring volumes
- Maintain accurate invoicing and trade splitting in our internal databases and making sure positions are reconciled across registries and databases.
- Strong interaction with the front office teams in a new challenging and growing environment, be able to understand their strategy and ready to challenge them when/if required
- Work closely with Trade Support Operations, Finance, Risk or Compliance to improve the flow of information across departments and accuracy of analysis
- Being part of the global Trade Support Operations Team and being able to operationally support another team member
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Quantitative studies, or another Quantitative discipline
- At least 1- 2 years of working experience in a similar position within a trading environment or similar industry
- Basic understanding of commodity trading/financial markets
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables)
- Exposure to VBA & Power Query is a plus
- Full language proficiency in French, Polish or German is a plus
- Full language proficiency in English
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Creative and open-minded in order to find the best possible solution for issues
- Living in or willing to relocate to Amsterdam, Netherlands
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.