Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Sustainability Officer to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The Sustainability function is part of the Operations team of STX, which forms the backbone of the company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, Middle Office and Sustainability, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a gatekeeper of all business, Sustainability ensures that all trades happen in compliance with all national- and international Sustainability regulations. To achieve this, the Sustainability team closely collaborates with the Trading and Operations teams on a daily basis. In addition to logging and verifying all Sustainability aspects of a trade in STX’s internal systems, you will also act as a knowledge hub for Trading on all Sustainability regulatory matters, and actively seek for opportunities to optimize the value in our portfolio.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Sustainability Team is the gatekeeper of the Trading operations within STX. Before and after a trade has taken place, we ensure that it meets all regulatory guidelines for the specific product so that our customer receives a product for their own purpose. The work is regularly audit, both internally and externally, giving you real pride in your work when everything goes smoothly!
Because we handle all the Sustainability aspects of a trade, we work closely together with the Traders. You will be involved from the beginning in new trades, developments of new products in an exciting and rapidly developing world of Sustainability, challenging you from the first day in the business and making a real impact in making our world more sustainable. – Jasper Bink, Team Lead Sustainability
- Process our incoming volumes from suppliers and correctly deliver volumes to our customers within regulatory guidelines.
- Providing full support for our front office trading team.
- Detect potential issues and communicating them to the appropriate desks.
- Acting as point of contact for internal as well as external sustainability inquiries.
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing processes and procedures to optimize the business of the company.
- Support and perform regular Sustainability audits.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-3 years working experience.
- The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and critical person with excellent communication skills and interest in the trading business
- Eager to assume responsibilities and learn new tasks.
- Accurate, proactive, and innovative.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Fluent English. Any additional language is beneficial.
- Knowledge of ISCC/REDII preferred, but not required.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.