Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Financial Accountant to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment is definitely one of the strengths of our finance team. Other advantages include our collaborative spirit and the fact that we’re very inclusive. There’s lots of diversity within the finance team. Our biggest challenge is to keep up with STX’s ambitious global growth plans for the future. While this is a tough task, it’s also what makes our work as exciting as it is.” – Kris Swanepoel, Finance Manager
- Process purchase invoices and expense reports according to the existing procedures
- Process payment and bank transactions
- Daily reconciliations of bank statements and cash flow overviews
- Perform monthly reconciliations between the General Ledger and the Subledger, balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the Finance team with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the finance department, including audits
- Provide information and answer financial questions to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify possibilities for improvement within the financial administrative organization
- Various ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of Finance & Accounting or equivalent certification
- Living (in the area of) Amsterdam
- Relevant prior working experience
- The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and critical person with a good understanding of the accounting principles
- Eager to assume responsibilities and learn new tasks
- Ability to work autonomously
- Proactive, hands-on and innovative
- Excellent analytical (excel) skills
- Fluent English
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development