Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Guarantee of Origin Desk is one of the larger in the company. As the GoO product is a key tool for both suppliers and corporates to reach their renewable targets – Adding liquidity to this market and thinking in solutions remain our top priority. We need to constantly reinvent ourselves and develop in line with an ever-changing market. This can mean anything from conceptualizing new trading ideas or structures to investing in technology – we constantly innovate to ensure that we grow. I love working for a desk and company that encourages continuous growth and development. It’s a mindset that I resonate with personally.” – David Ceder, Head of Guarantee of Origin (GoO) Desk
As Business Development Lead within Renewable Electricity, reporting directly to the Team Lead, you will work directly with managing partners and executive team on a variety of strategic projects.
ROLE OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD (RENEWABLE ENERGY)
You will be in the driving seat for strategic projects related to the renewable energy market. Responsible for preparing strategic commercial plans and executing projects once approved.
You will work with various internal stakeholders, develop cooperation models with external stakeholders and drive the project until commercial implementation.
You will be part of the GOO team leadership and help shape the current strategy within the Renewable Energy market and importantly also be able to look ahead and drive the long-term strategy.
You will be responsible for implementing the strategies and engaging in recruitment and investments/partnerships necessary for successful accomplishment.
- Shaping strategic plans for STXs business within Renewable Energy
- Working with the senior management on the implementation of the strategy (project management, hiring, investments/partnerships)
- Supporting business development (setting up new business lines and expansion into new business areas such as PPAs, Energy Storage and wholesale power)
- 5-10 years of work experience
- Very good knowledge of the European and/or international electricity markets with experience from a utility, energy trading firm, energy asset developer or management consultant
- Experience within power trading, origination, or relative business development
- Familiar with fundamental models and can develop scenarios from a variety of information and data
- Capacity to manage projects independently and work together with senior stakeholders
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development