Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Front End Developer to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises of Technology, Trade Operations, Finance, Compliance, Legal and Human Resources, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries and markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and enhance front end applications for our high-performance trading systems and supporting tools.
- Drive continuous improvements to existing applications by refining code, expanding test coverage, and optimizing performance to ensure seamless user experiences.
- Actively participate in requirements gathering and technical design discussions, contributing your expertise to shape the best solutions.
- Lead peer code reviews, providing constructive feedback and maintaining code quality standards across the team.
- Engage with various business stakeholders, including Sales, Trading, Operations, Risk, and Finance, to understand their needs and translate them into robust technical solutions.
- Take ownership of project deliverables, ensuring timely and successful project completion.
- Proficiency with version control systems, particularly Git, and experience collaborating with teams through repositories including familiarity with front end tooling, preferably Vite, and a keen interest in adopting the latest technologies to streamline development workflows.
- Solid experience in unit testing, ensuring code reliability, and writing testable code for better maintainability.
- Bonus points for experience and a good understanding of UI/UX principles, as well as building Trading Systems, indicating your capacity to contribute effectively to our specialized projects.
- Experience with Nest.JS or other backend technologies is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment while also possessing the initiative to work independently when necessary.
- Currently living in the Netherlands or willing to relocate including comfortable with effective communication in English.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development