Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve
this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for an Engineer in Energy Efficiency to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 500+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity,
renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs
and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Among the group’s ambitions is the scale up of our Energy Efficiency business unit dedicated to the origination and financing of Energy Efficiency Projects. This enhanced proposition will complete STX Commodities’ carbon reduction service offering enabling us to further create decarbonization solutions at our clients’ operations.” – Carlos Marín, Head of Energy Efficiency
ROLE OF THE EE ENGINEER
For more than ten years, STX Commodities has been active in trading of energy efficiency certificates in France, Poland and Spain. The team is looking to expand its activities to enable the origination and access to finance for energy efficiency projects. As EE Engineer, you will play an important role in assessing the projects to be financed from a technical and financial perspective, together with the Senior Engineer and Head of Energy Efficiency.
The role will be based in Madrid.
- Technical and financial assessment of projects for CAEs origination.
- CAEs origination process implementation and continuous improvement.
- Technical & financial analysis of EE projects, coordinating with external parties when necessary.
- Customer’s technical support for EE within STX portfolio.
- Providing operational support for internal and external inquiries by acting as an internal reference point of contact.
- Implementation of ISO 9001 system for the EE department; and other desk initiatives in collaboration with the rest of EU teams.
- Monitor and implement economic, regulatory as well as private and public initiatives of the market.
- Coordinate & review investment grade energy audits and feasibility studies developed by technical partners for projects that are selected for investment
- Develop technical project documentation for tendering projects to implementing parties
- Tender documentation for EPC contracts
- Define operation & maintenance specifications
- Define and negotiate Performance guarantees in project contracts and negotiate energy performance contracts
- Establishment or overview of measurement and verification programs for each investment
- Monitor projects implementation as well as energy performance during operational phases
- Control that the project’s CAPEX, timeline and specifications are met
- Engineer, Architect (minimum level MECES 2-EQF 6); or other Titles within the scope of energy or sustainability.
- 3+ years of work experience in energy efficiency field (documentary demonstrable)
- Good financial understanding for assessment of project financial return
- Deep technical knowledge to generate value added solutions
- Excellent English language skills
- Experience gained in the following areas is valued:
- advising, consulting, and executing projects in energy efficiency and engineering, tendering, financial planning, etc.
- energy performance contracts (shared savings) and/or energy as a service
- Master’s degree in Energy related issues or Energy auditor/Manager certificated by ENAC approved entity.
- CMVP, CEM, or ISO 50001 Lead Auditor; or equivalent experience.
- French language skills are a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package and bonus scheme
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development