Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Climate Action Manager to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Strive by STX is the dedicated climate action arm of STX Group. We empower organizations worldwide to change their climate legacy and transform their environmental challenges into business opportunities. We are a sectorial advisor and a long-term partner that understands business needs of today and anticipates possible external risks or regulations of tomorrow. With 20 years of experience, deep sectorial expertise, and access to a wide cross-commodity portfolio of products, Strive by STX supports companies in every step of the decarbonization and net-zero journey” – Jens Schumacher and Marc Falguera, Managing Partners at STX
ROLE OF A CLIMATE ACTION MANAGER
As a Climate Action Manager, reporting directly to Head of Climate Action Advisory team, you will support companies in understanding their climate impact, develop decarbonization and reporting strategies and determine key actions to mitigate their direct and indirect GHG emissions climate impact. In addition, you will contribute to the development of new products and solutions.
- Advise clients on their climate impact actions
- Manage environmental reporting consulting project throughout the entire cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure
- Develop business providing strategy guidance and technical leadership
- Lead and manage a high qualified team of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Define insetting projects and support clients to tackle their indirect GHG emissions
- Interact and build a relationship of trust with different clients around the world
- Improve specialized skills and knowledge in the team
- 5+ years of experience in sustainability consulting
- Experience developing business and leading decarbonization reporting strategies
- Capability to influence others and build relationships based on trust
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate complex issues succinctly
- Strategic mindset to constantly think ahead to growth
- People management, coaching and leadership skills
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX intends on offering the selected candidate a competitive base salary within the range of $135,000-$200,000, based on a number of objective factors such as relevant experience, holistic skillset, and applicable licenses and certifications. The candidate may also be eligible for discretionary compensation as determined annually within the company fiscal year.
In addition to a competitive salary, STX is committed to the well-being of our employees and offers extensive benefits including:
- 100% Company Covered Health, Dental, and Vision for employees and their families with minimal co-pays
- Retirement plan options with company match (401k)
- 20 days of annual, flexible paid time off
- Generous parental & caregiver leave
- Reimbursement for office commuting costs
- Monetary stipend for office equipment
STX Commodities is committed to fostering a fair and inclusive work environment by adhering to the principle of equal opportunity for all. As a global organization, we value diverse backgrounds and perspectives and strive to create a workplace free from any form of discrimination or bias based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development