Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of environmental products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a New York based Carbon Trader to join our Global Carbon business in the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 400+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis across 31 nationalities, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Today, corporates are taking actions to reduce and compensate for their emissions, and are looking to invest in renewable energy to achieve their environmental targets and carbon commitments. The Global Voluntary Markets Desk sources, originates, and trades in Energy Attribute Certificates (EACs) and Voluntary Carbon Credits to meet this growing global demand across all continents. By facilitating these transactions on a global scale, we help clients around the world access the products they need to comply with obligations and contribute to a better future. Our desk contributes to STX being a truly global wholesale trader it aspires to be.” – Fabio Moro, Head of Global Voluntary Markets Desk
- Execute (voluntary) carbon offsets deals from flow business to more complex structures in the Americas carbon offset market
- Contribution to continue building and take co ownership of a global carbon book with other team members based in Europe and Asia.
- Collaboration to define the team’s strategy and implementing efficient processes & procedures to execute on that strategy
- Manage and monitor the carbon flow business portfolio: Maintain the data and reporting infrastructure. Ensure covenants compliance and become a primary point of contact for internal business development team & sales and externally with brokers and intermediaries.
- Support the conversation with corporates and deal execution with sales team.
- Manage, map and grow our network in the US carbon wholesale market (buy and sell side)
- Lead the execution of structured transactions: serve as an integral part of the deal sourcing and closing process by managing the operational steps, including due diligence, internal approvals, coordination with legal and risk departments, review contracts reflect the commercial terms and implement adequate risk management strategies and third-party management.
- Collaborate to deliver on internal trade and portfolio reporting: work with colleagues in our teams to ensure accurate, timely, and pertinent reporting.
- Understand all technical aspects of carbon offset projects, different registries, process for issuance
- Contribute to developing STX carbon position and visibility across voluntary markets
- Optimize market connectivity between the trading, sales and origination team
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience in US carbon market, e.g., as wholesale sales trader
- At least 4+ years of relevant experience as physical trader in soft commodities
- Relevant experience and understanding of sustainability and environmental products
- Proven track record structuring deals
- Strong understanding of market fundamentals and developments
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills are required
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on email@example.com.
Compensation and benefits
401k plan with company match
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
Competitive remuneration package
Strong focus on personal and professional development
How our recruitment process works
- CV Review
- Phone screening
We check if your profile meets the job requirements;
Online assessment of 45 minutes;
Phone call and cultural fit check with our recruiters;
In-depth dive into your work history with a team member;
We will make you an offer, take care of your onboarding and welcome you to the STX family.