Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Carbon Sales Trader to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
STX’s Global (Voluntary) Carbon Desk overlooks the company operations within the Voluntary Carbon Markets, carbon credit-based compliance schemes and bilateral agreements. The senior team helps clients set up and execute carbon offsetting strategies with high environmental integrity, manage financial exposure, minimize supply risk and ensure sustainability by originating and structuring emission reduction and removal portfolios to the needs of corporations, funds and governments. This role reports to the Head of Sales – Global Carbon Offsets, based in Madrid.
- Develop the wholesale market in coordination with our traders and assisted by the carbon research, development, and origination teams.
- Deeply understand decarbonization journeys and carbon offset behavior in your target client segment of European Energy, O&G & Utilities sector.
- Complete trades from initial dialogues, pricing, and strategy formulation to execution: design suitable strategies and solutions to meet your client objectives. Interacting with Credit, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution.
- Some counterparties in the wholesale segment may also occasionally want to sell volumes as opposed to their regular buying. You will support traders and our origination team in bringing liquidity on carbon projects offered for sale by your clients.
- Represent STX and provide thought leadership at strategic events and with key market stakeholders (up to 20% travel).
- 3-5 years of experience in commodities or finance, of which at least 3 years in carbon; business development or sales at VCM project development firm, environmental products structuring at consultancy firm or trading desk, sales trader at commodities firm or in energy industry.
- Experience in negotiating OTC agreements in commodities, preferably within VCM.
- Strong understanding of VCM price fundamentals and key VCM or energy related policy is a pre.
- Academic or practical background in finance.
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills to deliver on various deadlines across different time zones.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions.
- Mature, highly motivated self-starter who takes ownership and is able to work independently while in a team based environment.
- Flexible and responsive to requests from fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint skills including the ability to work with various data sets is advantageous.
- Can be based in London, Madrid or Amsterdam.
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development