Carbon Business Development
Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Carbon Business Development professional to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team includes 100+ ambitious employees who work across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries on a daily basis, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Business developing Carbon team delivers bespoke solutions to clients. The team helps clients manage their sustainability targets and climate change exposure by delivering innovative, environmental integrity deals, structured to the needs of each corporation.
Our clients include corporates across different industries and investors. You will be leading North America business development for the group and you will be responsible to shape and develop the carbon market in coordination with trading and assistance of the carbon technical team. A great opportunity to work with global leading firms in a growing market.
- Support primary corporate coverage team in originating, structuring, pricing and executing derivative and physical long term carbon transactions
- Structure proprietary flow deals with market intermediaries and trading houses
- Lead, develop and implement key business initiatives through cross-function partnerships
- End-to-end responsibilities of transactions.
- Active client facing
- Capacity to lead and manage complex OTC contract negotiations.
- Coordinate trade finance solutions to secure execution of trades.
- Understanding market fundamentals and trends and communicating information to clients
- Interacting with Credit, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution
- Complete trades from initial dialogues, pricing, and strategy formulation to execution: design suitable strategies and solutions to meet corporate targets on net zero and carbon neutral products.
- Collect, manage, and analyze data related to industry trends and client trading activity
- Create presentation materials which will be used for existing and prospective client meetings
- 5-7 years of experience in a related business function: sustainability consultant, environmental products structuring at consultancy firms trading houses or corporations
- Experience in negotiating complex OTC agreements. Deep understanding of legal framework negotiations and Due Diligence process
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, able to articulate initiatives and issues well
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills,
- Problem-solver, goal-oriented
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills to be able to deliver within various deadlines across different time zones
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment with the ability to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Mature, highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and is able to work independently
- Flexible and responsive to requests from fast-paced environment
- Comfortable engaging very senior stakeholders both within STX and outside with C-level clients
- Strong team player – Culturally sensitive with the ability to work effectively among different countries and regions.
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint skills – Ability to work with various data sets is beneficial
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Company sponsored private medical health insurance
- Base Compensation Range: $125,000 – $175,000. Flexible based on level and experience.
- Bonus and deferred compensation eligible
- 401k plan with company match
- Fringe benefits
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on firstname.lastname@example.org.