Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal; “we make environmental markets work”. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Strategy and Business Development Associate to join our Renewable Gas Team and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE FRONT OFFICE
Turning opportunities into solutions – that’s the specialty of STX’s Front Office. Our team works across various domains, including electricity, renewable gas, carbon offsets, biofuels, and energy efficiency. We engage with clients in different markets and countries daily, and it’s our job to understand their needs and translate them into effective, efficient solutions. To maintain STX’s position as the market leader in the fast-changing environmental commodities field, we are continuously capitalizing on new opportunities and optimizing our offering.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“The Renewable Gas Desk has a clear mission: to help customers that are experiencing difficulties when it comes to achieving their environmental targets. We help them transition from fossil fuels to renewable alternatives. Our team originates new products or solutions on behalf of our clients and that requires an innovative mindset, especially in this new market, which is largely uncharted territory. It also calls for a high level of ambition, a hunger for knowledge and an intrinsic will to help customers reduce their carbon footprint and decrease operational risk.” – Sead Keric, Head of Renewable Gas Desk
ROLE OF A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
At STX it is our ambition to become the leading global environmental commodity trader and we are well on our way. We perceive building out our presence across the global Renewable Gas value chains of paramount strategic importance in achieving this ambition. In this role, you will be working closely with our Strategy and Business Development Director and work directly with the different Renewable Gas focused teams to shape and deliver our strategic agenda. Together with the managing partner we will define the most pressing strategic priorities to work on across our teams, ranging from shaping business strategy for specific product groups (“squares”), to framing-up business cases for strategic investments/partnerships, to structuring and defining our approach for new market entries and/or new product desks; all in close collaboration with our trading teams. This is a truly unique opportunity to play a pivotal, hands-on, role in shaping our global presence in the Renewable Gas space.
- Shaping strategic/business plans together with different product trading desks within the Renewable Gas space
- Driving and supporting business development opportunities (setting up new business lines across and expansion into new geographies), including cross-desk/product opportunities
- Working with the business on the implementation of the strategy (e.g., structuring and building business cases for strategic investments/partnerships, coordinating interlinkages with mid-office, hiring, new processes)
- Driving, together with the team, the continuous re-defining, supporting, tracking and (constructively) challenging of the longer-term strategy for the Renewable Gas desks
- Working with senior leadership (managing partner & strategy and business development director) on variety of other key strategic topics such as hiring/people strategy, board/executive team updates, etc.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience at a management consulting firm or business development/(corporate) strategy department within a relevant industry (e.g., commodity trading)
- Strong strategic and commercial mindset to support shaping longer term vision and drive shorter term opportunities (e.g., business case development, market assessments/entry strategies)
- Exposure to energy (trading) industry and/or sustainability topics is ideal
- Able to manage projects independently and manage lead stakeholders
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial
- Living or open to relocate to Amsterdam or Gothenburg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Strong focus on coaching and personal & professional development
- Operating within fast-paced and entrepreneurial company
- Professional and international working environment
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development