Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Market Analyst to join our Research and Trade Analytics team to cover feedstocks, biofuels and certificate markets. If this sounds of interest, then please come and join us and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At STX, Research and Analytics are indispensable in navigating the intricate world of environmental commodities. By deciphering trends, assessing risks, and uncovering relationships in fragmented markets, we play a vital role in ensuring that money flows into the right projects. Our expertise enables profitable trades that not only contribute to our bottom line but also drive positive change”. Paola Rodriguez Masiu, Head of Research and Analytics
ROLE OF A MARKET ANALYST
Since 2005, STX has been a leader in many of the individual environmental commodity markets and today we are one of the most experienced and recognized players in the space. Through this footprint and experience we have unrivalled insights into what drives these environmental commodity markets (policy changes, changes in fundamental supply and demand, price movements etc.), providing a significant competitive edge to new entrants into our markets. The Market Analyst function will work together with various business lines to further institutionalize our knowledge and derive unique insights that can be used to enhance our decision making and trading performance but also for external publication to help cement STXs industry thought leadership.
- Lead the build out and maintenance of supply and demand models for the NWE and Iberian biofuels, feedstocks, and certificate markets.
- Articulate how the policy and regulatory framework in the biofuels space impact on markets in the short, medium and long-term.
- Contribute to formulation of the STX view on the biofuels, feedstocks, and certificate markets, including pricing outlook, working with team members to develop one consistent view.
- Manage data sources within the trading, policy and research and analytics teams to ensure accurate reporting and analytics.
- Prepare comprehensive, thought-provoking market analysis and research reports to present to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Attend conferences to contribute to the growth of the company’s network.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to other analysts.
- Solid demonstrable senior analytical experience in biofuels, environmental compliance markets, or low carbon fuel feedstock markets at a research/business intelligence company (S&P Global Commodity Insights, Energy Aspects, PRIMA, Square Commodities) or consultancy. At least 5 years.
- You have a clear understanding of feedstocks, by-products, and biofuels used by European obligated parties for the REDII and FQD target.
- You are passionate for in-depth data analysis and studying the renewable fuels markets.
- Fundamental modelling experience (building and maintaining complex models, working with statistical tools, regression modelling).
- An innate ability to identify key trends in large datasets.
- Successful track record in producing original market insights.
- Advanced level of Excel is necessary, Python/SQL skills would be advantageous;
- Relevant Master’s degree, e.g., Economics, Business, Finance
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive remuneration package
Pension scheme contributions
Sport and training opportunities
Strong focus on personal and professional development