We're looking for a pro-active, analytical and ambitious Trading Systems Developer who loves to join our IT Team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of creating products which are directly used by the colleagues of the trading teams.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance support teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
As Trading Systems Developer, you will join the IT team that supports Environmental Commodities trading and brokerage activities. You will work both in project teams and independently on the development of new and existing products, and integration of 3rd party solutions. All projects you work on are directly used by trading, risk, mid-office and other colleagues so you can expect an intensely collaborative environment, smart and driven colleagues, short feedback loops, and a singular focus on achieving best-in-class execution.
- You have in-depth technical experience with trading, brokerage and/or banking software;
- You have experience in exchange connectivity and/or pricing model software development;
- You have 3+ years of experience with Python development;
- Experience in other programming languages is a plus;
- You have experience with microservice architecture and development;
- You have some database experience (SQL);
- Knowledge of Docker or AWS is a plus;
- You have experience with git or mercurial;
- An affinity for data analysis is a plus;
- You interact regularly with counterparts in business roles to understand and define requirements;
- You work well in development teams, multidisciplinary project teams, and independently;
- Living in (the area of) Amsterdam or willing to move;
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language.
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.