We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious trader who would like to join the Trading team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam.
The world is in a transition phase from a fossil based economy towards a renewable and sustainable economy. There are many different certificate or quota systems across the globe that are designed to speed up this transition. STX Commodities is positioned in the center of this environmental commodity market for both certificates and physical products.
The environmental commodity markets are to a large extent driven by regulation. Our sales and trading organization has access to a very broad base of customers across Europe and the US and a profound knowledge of global legislation. All of our trading counterparties will be increasingly exposed to environmental regulation between 2020 and 2030. Furthermore public pressure is accelerating the voluntary demand for products related to Corporate Social Responsibility. The European market is becoming more integrated and the link with the US environmental commodity markets is expected to intensify.
As a renewables trader you will manage your own book leveraging our balance sheet to explore and profit from trading opportunities within the renewable energy spectrum by combining quantitative analysis with qualitative market insights. You will act as the main contact for our sales-traders who, in turn, are in direct contact with our counter parties. We are currently looking to expand with a Trader Renewables to strengthen our team.
- Generating revenue by managing and optimizing positions in a portfolio of products
- Optimizing market connectivity
- Develop new trading strategies
- Become the main internal knowledge center for the products you are responsible for
- Work closely with our tech team to develop faster and innovative trading systems
- Between 3 and 4 years of experience as a trader in a trading firm
- Affinity with commodity markets is a plus
- Finished Master in preferably an economical, econometrical, mathematical or any quantitative study
- Strong analytical skills combined with strong social skills
- Fluent in English, additional languages are welcome
- Eager to learn, work hard and be a team-player
- Living in or able to move to Amsterdam
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.