We're looking for a pro-active, analytical and ambitious Execution Manager (SR) who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Biofuel operations Team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of executing trade operations and liaise with different stakeholders.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance support teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
We propose to join our team in charge of coordinating the execution of the physical contracts of purchase and sales of containerized and bulk commodities. The candidate will be responsible to execute trade operations activities and will ensure a smooth coordination between the different stakeholders engaged internally and externally.
Plan and execute the shipment as per the commodity contract:
- Interpretation of contracts terms and execute the payment including Letter of credit, DP / DA, and Bank guarantee as per the contract.
- Supervise the planning of cargo including the vessel nomination, shipping advice, insurance declaration, discharge / load port agent appointment, load / discharge operation.
- Management of the shipping documents and payment including ensure accurate invoices / shipping documents issued by the shipper.
- Maintain close contact with surveyors for preloading and /or loading and /or discharging inspection.
- Proactively highlight and resolve risks and issues related to the execution of the shipment.
- Manage accurate and flawless communication between the different stakeholders internally & externally.
Management of contracts:
- Keep understanding and correct application of commodity contracts and consequential obligations.
- Ensure strict follow up on invoices (payable and receivables) and costs management.
- Ensure accurate reporting and data collection in the internal systems.
- Experience in evaluating risk exposure, provides direction, and input for next steps.
- Maintain frequent and good relationship with customers internally and externally.
- Act as coach to develop other team members’ skills and knowledge.
- Be part of improvements for the effectiveness / productivity of trade execution work process in coordination with IT and BO.
- Degree in Business Related Field.
- 5 years in logistics/execution role in a commodity trading company.
- Good network with logistical and service companies within the industry.
- Knowledge of the main technical specifications of biofuels and vegetable oils preferred.
- Knowledge and experience organizing the logistics and issuing/liaising on the issuance of the shipping documents.
- Good knowledge in letter of credit, Incoterms, and contract execution concept.
- Comprehensive knowledge in shipping and international practices like C/P terms and its relation to sales / purchase of contracts, laytime calculations, C/P B/L requirements, and insurance classifications.
- Basis Legal / accounting knowledge and sense which will be used for sales / purchase contract terms and execution issues / disputes / solutions.
- Strong background in business process design and implementation in a dynamic commodity trading business, implementing IT processes, systems and organizational changes.
- Having clear ideas about setting up the right support tools for an operations desk.
- Proven managerial skills to create and manage an operational team in the future.
- Hardworking, patient, details orientated, and team player.
- Proficient in MS Office, oral and written English.
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-621929838 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.