We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious deal-closer who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Environmental Commodities team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in French and English, but who is also very excited about the idea of being part of the growth/expansion of our customer portfolio in the French environmental commodities market.
STX Commodities was launched shortly after the introduction of the Kyoto Protocol in 2005. While the team started with a sole focus on carbon-related products, over the years, we have significantly grown our trading solutions to include a vast number and variety of environmental commodities (both physical renewables and certificates for renewables). Moreover, this division of the company also evolved from an intermediary to a sales-trading firm, which has positioned us better in the market. Today, STX Commodities is a leading global intermediary and sales-trading organization focused on providing market access and creating liquidity in the very dynamic, yet relatively illiquid, international renewable energy market. Country teams are stationed in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg.
The Sales Trader will focus on origination and growth of an existing portfolio for the French environmental commodities market. Together with colleagues, the goal is to structure and execute trades on behalf of clients. Analysis of data and regulation as well as preparation of business cases are some examples of the responsibilities. And last but not least, closing deals!
You will be responsible for:
- Efficiently taking over and expanding our existing customer portfolio
- Analyzing data and conducting research on the French environmental commodities market and contribute to the company's growth efforts
- Being an expert in timing the market in order to get the best results by acting as a single point of contact for your customer portfolio as much as to your teammates
- Proposing new deal structures complying with market’s requirements and specifies
- Ensuring that the transactions with the clients result in profit generally and create an impressive portfolio of work that carries significance
- Native French speaker
- 1-3 years of working experience in a sales environment within the green markets (energy efficiency, renewables) is a must
- Analytical, critical and strategical thinking combined with the capability of conducting research and analysis
- Advanced excel skills is considered a plus
- Our business being conducted via phone, business event or meeting with clients, you have to demonstrate attentive and empathetic listening skills
- Living or relocating to (the area of) Amsterdam
Compensation & benefits:
- Fringe benefits e.g. pension scheme contributions and boot-camp workouts
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Opportunities to travel
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.