We're looking for a pro-active and energetic Sales Trader who loves to work - and play - hard to join our Eastern European Desk at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is very excited about the idea of creating new market opportunities and relationships in the Easter European Environmental Commodities Market (Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria).
STX Commodities was launched shortly after the introduction of the Kyoto Protocol in 2005. While the team started with a sole focus on carbon-related products, over the years, we have significantly grown our trading solutions to include a vast number and variety of environmental commodities (both physical renewables and certificates for renewables). Moreover, this division of the company also evolved from a intermediary to a sales-trading firm, which has positioned us better in the market. Today, STX Commodities is a leading global intermediary and sales-trading organization focused on providing market access and creating liquidity in the very dynamic, yet relatively illiquid, international renewable energy market. Country teams are stationed in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg.
The Sales Trader will focus on creating new trading lines and growth of an existing portfolio for the Eastern European market. Together with colleagues the goal is to structure and execute trades on behalf of clients. Analysis of regulation and preparation of business cases are examples of the responsibilities a Sales Trader will be facing. And last but not least, closing deals!
You will be responsible for
- Building your own customer portfolio;
- Doing the required research and analysis in a new market;
- Dive into market developments;
- Becoming the main information source for your customer portfolio;
- Matching buyers with sellers and propose (new) deal structures.
- 1-3 years of commercial experience (hard criteria) – preferably finance related;
- Experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably within a commodities, energy, shipping or banking environment;
- Affinity with finance and commodities;
- You are able to work independently;
- You have gathered international experience during your studies and/or career;
- You combine analytical skills with a commercial drive and a proactive attitude;
- Fluent in English and one (or more) of the following languages: Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian;
- Living in or open to relocating to Amsterdam.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive remuneration package
- International and professional working environment
- Fast - paced company
- Strong focus on personal development
- Fringe benefits
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.