We're looking for a pro-active, energetic, commercially minded and ambitious renewable fuels trader to join our environmental commodities team at STX Group's office in New York City. This is a unique opportunity to build out a renewable fuel trading desk in one of the world’s leading and fastest growing environmental commodity trading firms.
STX Commodities was launched shortly after the introduction of the Kyoto Protocol in 2005. While the team started with a sole focus on carbon-related products, over the years, we have significantly grown our trading solutions to include a vast number and variety of environmental commodities (both physical renewables and certificates for renewables). Moreover, this division of the company also evolved from an intermediary to a sales-trading firm, which has positioned us better in the market. Today, STX Commodities is a leading global intermediary and sales-trading organization focused on providing market access and creating liquidity in the very dynamic, yet relatively illiquid, international renewable energy market. Country teams are stationed in Amsterdam, New York and Gothenburg.
- Developing new trading opportunities across Latin America and North America
- Building and managing relationships with both the supply and buy side
- Identify and utilize market opportunities
- Working closely with the renewable fuels trading teams in Europe as well as the STX’s risk and management teams
- Setting up the renewable fuels trading desk and responsible for the performance of the fuels trading book
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Ability to grow and manage a successful trading team
- You have got 4+ years of experience as a renewable fuels trader (biodiesel, ethanol, distillate, renewable feedstocks etc.)
- You have an active and substantial portfolio of suppliers and end users
- Experience throughout the value chain in logistics, operations, risk management and sales
- Experience importing fuels to the US from the LATAM region is a big plus
- Living in (the area of) New York City
- Eligible to work in the USA
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Opportunities to travel
- Office in the heart of midtown Manhattan
- Fringe benefits
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on +31 61 1740 689 or at email@example.com.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.