We're looking for a pro-active, analytical and ambitious IT Support Engineer who loves to work - and play - hard to join our IT Team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of supporting our Amsterdam, Sweden and US based offices.
STX Group couldn’t function without the assistance of its IT, HR, Mid-Office, Finance, Legal and Compliance teams. Comprising over 20 professionals, all based in Amsterdam, the different teams collectively help to ensure that trades are processed smoothly and the company as a whole runs efficiently and effectively as a business. They’re like the glue that holds the firm together. Our support teams are the fastest growing divisions in the STX Group, in large part thanks to the rapidly expanding front office and professionalization of these parts of the business.
As IT Support engineer within STX Group you will be responsible for providing first line support to all users on a day to day basis. In this job you are working closely with the IT Manager in on-going projects. You interact regularly with your colleagues from all teams within STX Group. It is important that you act proactively and take responsibility of your own work. There is plenty of room for personal input and ideas. Our team is growing a lot these days and therefore there is definitely room for personal growth as well.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership of all incidents and requests, including interactions with external providers
- Responsible for managing and maintain accurate logs on support requests and IT assist lists
- Responsible for providing first line support to all users on a day to day basis
- Work closely with the IT Manager in on-going projects
- Configuration and maintenance of software, hardware, network, phone, print or telecommunication
- Managing and maintain accurate logs on support requests and IT assist lists
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or HBO in related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive knowledge and problem solving ability with Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server, Linux/Unix, SQL
- Computer programming and scripting skills are a pre
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work independently without the need of supervision
- Pro-active, self-starter and approachable
- Excellent communication skills
- Living in the Netherlands
- Fluent in English (additional other languages are a plus)
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of networking and telecom is advantageous
- Affinity with financial sector is desirable, but not essential
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions, monthly massages and weekly bootcamps
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.
Get in touch
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to play a part in building our company's future? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the "apply" button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department on 0031-205357797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is NOT appreciated.