We're looking for a pro-active, analytical and ambitious Data Engineer to join our IT Team at STX Group's headquarters in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is not only fluent in English, but who is also very excited about the idea of creating products which are directly used by the colleagues of the trading teams.
STX Group is successfully expanding its global operations with significant contribution from the Operations functions including the IT, HR, Mid-Office, Risk, Finance, Legal and Compliance teams. Comprising of over 56 professionals, these teams collectively provide a strong foundation for STX Group to reach its growth strategy by ensuring trades are processed smoothly and the company is run efficiently and effectively. Our Operations function is fast-growing as a result of both the rapid growth of the business, as well as growing complexity.
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Create and maintain BI reporting tools and reports alongside IT/BI, Risk, Finance and Trading teams
- Develop and maintain a cloud based data platform
- Create and/or optimize ETL jobs depending on the requirements, data types, and sources
- Ensure high reliability and quality of our data warehouse
- Implement a BI reporting tool for business reporting, dashboarding and analysis
- Set up data integration towards multiple applications / services
- Create insights and make data available, accessible for business (Risk, Finance, Trading);
- Set up data, application & infrastructure monitoring
- Develop routines to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- You’ve got a strong background in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- At least 5 years’ experience working with ETL pipelines, Data Visualization, Data Modelling
- Experience with relational databases: PostgresSQL and MS SQL Server
- Experience with NoSQL databases: PostgresSQL(JSON and JSONB), MongoDB
- Experience with BI tools like PowerBI, Grafana, Tableau, InfluxDB
- Experience with TimeSeries databases such as InfluxDB or OpenTSDB
- Experience with streaming data processing
- Working experience on Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Git and JIRA
- Knowledge of Python, SQL. Knowledge of PHP, R, Julia, PowerQuery and other languages is advantageous.
- AWS, Docker, Linux
- You are living in (the area of) Amsterdam
Compensation & benefits
- Fringe benefits, e.g. pension scheme contributions and weekly boot camps
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Assistance with applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable)
- Professional and international working environment;
- Working in a fast-paced company;
- Strong focus on personal and professional development.