Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Policy Analyst to join our West Coast Renewables Team and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
You will be working in a dynamic and motivated team that focuses on different markets within the environmental commodities. The team consists of individuals with years of market knowledge and experience. Our team focuses on developing trading strategies around RPS programs and voluntary demand within the WREGIS footprint with a specific focus in California, Pacific Northwest and Canada. Our product focus remains on compliance RECs as well as voluntary RECS/Carbon across the US.
ROLE OF A POLICY ANALYST
Aside from conducting research and raising awareness on regulatory topics and policy movement within the environmental commodity market, the Policy Analyst will also be an advisor to the certificates team. They will have an instrumental role in terms of giving advice and presentations on your findings to the team. Therefore, being passionate about researching the applicable legislation and turning that into data is a necessity for this job.
- Conduct research and analysis of global, national, and regional trends,
- Serve as an expert advisor to the Vice President of the team on legislative and market changes
- Carry out and source research on case studies, articles, legislation, etc. to produce reports to be shared with the trading team
- Strengthen existing partnerships, or establish new partnerships with key constituents on policy priorities and matters of shared interest
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within the field. Preferably within renewable energy and electricity markets
- Excellent understanding of the relevant industry and market conditions
- In possession of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree preferably in the field of Policy studies, Law or Social research, and Policy
- Strong analytical and social skills
- Working rights in the United States
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Company-sponsored private medical health insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Fringe benefits
- Competitive remuneration package
- Professional and international working environment
- Working in a fast-paced company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity.