Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment is definitely one of the strengths of our legal team. Other advantages include our collaborative spirit and the fact that we’re very inclusive. There’s lots of diversity in our group – we have team members from Germany, Spain, the Netherlands and the United States. Our biggest challenge is to keep up with STX’s ambitious global growth plans for the future. While this is a tough task, it’s also what makes our work as exciting as it is.” – Anita Soos, General Counsel
- Supporting our traders but also all other departments with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various (international) commercial contracts
- Providing legal advice to the business on a broad range of legal matters
- Handling claims and litigations
- Liaising with and managing outside counsels
- Law degree from a European country
- Experience in the (physical) commodities trading industry, preferably in (bio)fuels/oils
- 5-10 years experience as an in-house legal counsel in a commercial business environment or in a law firm
- Proven experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating (international) commercial contracts, Incoterms, BP Oil GT&C, Fosfa, EFET
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- International mindset, sense of intercultural understanding, open-minded
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and flexible with a hands-on approach
- Fluent in English
- Available for at least 32 hours per week
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contribution
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.