Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of renewable energy products, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Accounting Manager to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“Our ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment is definitely one of the strengths of our finance team. Other advantages include our collaborative spirit and the fact that we’re very inclusive. There’s lots of diversity in our group – we have team members from Russia, the Philippines, Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, and Brazil. Our biggest challenge is to keep up with STX’s ambitious global growth plans for the future. While this is a tough task, it’s also what makes our work as exciting as it is.” – Kris Swanepoel, Finance Manager
- Managing and co-executing activities for financial reporting, including general ledger, debtors, creditors and purchase administrations of various entities within the group
- Responsible for the monthly close of the general ledgers to assure high quality and timely management information
- Responsible for managing the accounting team by acting as accounting team lead
- Liaise with outsourced accounting service providers to ensure for complete and up to date supporting documentation
- Support the Finance team with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the finance department, including the interim and annual audits
- Provide information and answer financial questions to internal and external stakeholders
- Within the financial administrative organization, you identify possibilities for improvement and procedures
- Support finance business objectives and participate in project teams
- Various ad-hoc requests
- Master’s degree in the areas of Finance & Accounting or equivalent certification
- 5+ years of relevant working experience
- Managerial experience responsible for team of 2+ members
- The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and critical person with a good understanding of the accounting principles
- Eager to assume responsibilities and learn new tasks. Ability to work autonomously
- Proactive, hands-on and innovative
- Excellent analytical (excel) skills
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contributions
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
- Assistance with relocation to the respective office location
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at email@example.com.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.