Today, companies are constantly urged to drastically reduce their carbon footprint. By trading in a wide variety of sustainable energy products and certificates, STX enables businesses to achieve this goal. In doing so, we contribute to a more transparent environmental commodities market and, therefore, a greener world. We’re looking for a Junior Financial Accountant to join our business and the extremely dynamic market we operate in, and to embark on a journey with us towards a better tomorrow.
The operations function forms the backbone of any company. At STX, the Operations team, which comprises IT, Finance, Human Resources, and Middle Office, works closely with all other teams and desks to ensure that STX continues to perform and deliver at an exceptionally high level. As a critical partner in the business, Operations also guarantees compliance with all the relevant rules and regulations. Moreover, the Operations team works collaboratively to make sure that STX has the necessary structures and processes in place to grow and develop further in new products, industries, and markets.
ABOUT THE TEAM
“As a member of the finance team, you’re exposed to many different aspects of the company. There is a lot of collaboration between us and other departments within STX, so you have a broad perspective of both the business and finance. The learning curve in our team is very steep.” – Kris Swanepoel, Finance Manager
- Processing purchase invoices and expense reports according to the existing procedures
- Processing of payment and bank transactions
- Daily reconciliations of bank statements and cash flow overviews
- Perform monthly reconciliations between the general ledger and the sub-ledger, balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the finance team with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the finance department, including audits
- Provide information and answer financial questions to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify possibilities for improvement and procedures, within the financial administrative organization
- Various ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of finance and accounting or equivalent certification
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent analytical (Excel) skills
- Enthusiastic and critical person with a good understanding of the accounting principles
- Eager to assume responsibilities, and learn new tasks.
- Able to define priorities, and work autonomously
- Proactive, hands-on, and innovative
- Fluent in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pension scheme contribution
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Sport and training opportunities
GET IN TOUCH
Are you ready to embark on a journey with us? Please submit your application for this job by clicking on the “apply” button. For further questions, please contact the Recruitment department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STX Group offers equal employment opportunity. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.